A 20-month research position is available in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Pisa.
Development of a novel software framework for processing compressed data structures, pattern matching and discovery, and their applications on biological sequence collections
Research areas include (but are not limited to):
– string algorithms,
– text indexing for big data,
– indexes for approximate pattern matching,
– text compression and compressed text indexing,
– external memory indexes,
– space efficient data structures, and
– shared memory parallel computing.
* Application deadline: 6th December 2017
* Potential starting dates: January/February 2018 (or as soon thereafter)
* Duration: 20 months
* Expected qualification: Master’s Degree or PhD.
The annual gross salary of the grant is EUR 25,200.00, which is approximately EUR 1,500.00 net per month after tax and mandatory retirement/superannuation contributions (for those having other mandatory retirement schemes other than INPS, the annual gross salary is EUR 23,930.46). If you have family, you can also considerably increase your annual salary.
Candidates with expertise in string/parallel algorithms, combinatorics, software development and/or NGS bioinformatics are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more details on the job description and how to apply, please find the official competition call (both in Italian and English languages):